Monday 9 March 2009

Mojos gone walkabout!

Good morning! Monday again, doesn't time fly! I went back to work yesterday (yup - Sunday) after two weeks holiday and it was hard to motivate myself to say the least! And that's not the only place my motivation is lacking! I don't know what it is but recently my ability to make a card is rubbish! I can't find any inspiration, and it takes me an age to get the most basic of cards made! Nonetheless I've had a go at a couple of challenges, the first one was supposed to be for the Forever Friends challenge, although this has changed today so I'm too late!


The papers are Basic Grey Boxer, image is of course Forever Friends (stamp). The sentiment is a stamp from the new Clare Curd's Signature Range from Do Crafts. I've tried a bit of paper piercing/stitching (real stitching), about the only thing I liked doing on this card!

The second card was the one I had to do for the Paris Saint Germain supporter. NO INSPIRATION!!! I struggled to say the least, and no footie embellies didn't make things easier. I ended up replicating the strip on one of the players, that was about as adventurous as I got! I used a Sugar Nellie stamp, and did some masking, which is this week's challenge over at the Secret Crafter blog...


Does anyone else ever feel like this? I really hope I my mojo comes back soon, otherwise what'll I do with all my stash :(

Off to make a cuppa now to see if that'll help matters...

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Shelley, this is a fantastic card, and great use of masking!!

I think we loose our mojo every now and then. When I get like that I surf the internet looking at a lot of blogs until mojo returns!

You'll be fine, don't get rid of all that stash just yet !!!!

Mandy

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shelly, love your latest cards. That stitched corner is fabulous, really looks effective. Thanks for your lovely comments on my cards. In answer to your question - the SU stampin' spots inkpads are only 30cms square and no they don't have the same slide over lid they just pull off. Hope this helps, anything else you want to ask feel free (not sure I'm that big a help though haha). Hugs, Denise x

pickle said...

Hi Shelley, love your lated cards.
I go through fazes like that. sometimes i don't pick my craft stash up for ages them suddenlt i get the urge and i'm right back at it.

Kerry x

debby4000 said...

Well I don't think your mojo is that far away, I love the footballers brilliant bit of masking and the first one is so cute.
I sometimes find getting out my fave stamp or papers and making a card to similar to one I'm really pleased with kick starts my mojo.

The Crafty Blonde said...

Hi Shelly, I think these two cards look fab. Love the FF one with the bit of stitching at the top and the Football one looks fab, love the masking. Think is prob cause it is a male card and then you cant put all your little embellies on them. I keep copies of the the sketches from the sketch challenges, when I loose my mojo I tend to get these out and take it from there.
Lyndsey xx

CraftyC said...

Lovely cards Shelley, thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
Clairex

Jill said...

fantastic boys card Shelly, beautiful colouring thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x