Thursday 14 May 2009

Rumbles of Thunder!

Whaaaa! Last night I didn't get a wink of sleep due to the extreme weather. The thunder and lightening here was impressive, it kept me awake to the point where at 4am I was actually watching the storm through the window. It doesn't scare me, I feel safe indoors but the rumbling thunder and lightening strokes were enough to keep me from sleeping. I did think about doing a card but as I had to get up for work at 6am I decided that maybe it wasn't the best idea! However, I managed to do this little card last night...


The close up shows the details better. I've used glossy accents on the WISH and on her hair. The glitter stars are done using a dot of glitter glue then dragging away from the middle with a pricking tool...


I'm entering the card in the Stamp Something challenge, which is "Pink Birthday Somethings". They're also looking for DT members so maybe I'll put myself forward?

Ingredients:
* Stamp by Leanne Ellis from Sugar Nellie (coloured with markers/chalks)
* Sentiment stamp is from Penny Black
* Paper is from Rayher
* Ribbon is from Dovecraft
* Flower is made using Woodware flower punches

Thanks for popping by, better dash as loads to do before I'm off to work again!

6 comments:

Louby said...

Hi Shelly, fab card love the way you've done the glitter glue stars. You should defo go for the DT thing.
Sorry I haven't been around much but have had a little "no enthusiasm" blip but after going to a craft show at the weekend and making more than a few purchases i'm good to go again.LOL.
Speak soon
Louby x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, wonderful details and beautiful image.
luv
Debby

Joey said...

Hi Shelly, this is stunning, so many details the soft colours really suit this image so perfectly. Joey.x

The Crafty Den said...

Wow Shelly I love it. The image is amazing and the stars are great. Hugs, Denise x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card Shelly. Love the pinks and the image. Great 3d effects and accents too. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something. :)

Marcea said...

this is so pretty hun, lovely to see this image again - she is so sweet
-x-