Tuesday 26 January 2010

Be Inspired!

This week over at the Wags n' Whiskers blog the challenge is to "Be Inspired". You have to choose someone who inspires you and make a card from this inspiration. Here's my card, I have chosen Debby from "A Scrapjourney" as my inspiration...



Debby's cards and scrapbook layouts are just beautiful, I love her style of cardmaking. She always uses 3D to bring her images alive, her colouring is fabulous and her layouts are always so varied. Thanks Debby for sharing your beautiful creations with us all!

I have to say, I rather like my little card, although it took ages to do colouring and cutting all those bits out! I tend not to make many cards like this as they take so long to do, but I must admit the 3D effect definately brings the three little characters to life! Here's the recipe...

Stamp - Furry Friends, Wags n' Whiskers
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Stampin' Up, Tea Party
Flowers - Woodware daisy punch, Craftwork Cards Card Candy
Ribbon - Artemio
Decorative Corner - Martha Stewart Corner Punch


Well, I have two birthday cards to make before the weekend so off to get started - or I might just crash out on the sofa and watch The Hairy Bikers! Hope you have a lovely evening whatever you do!


11 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Shelly. What a stunner of a card. Beautiful image, such pretty delicate colours and a lovely design.
Happy Crafting my friend.
Love Sandra xx

Louby said...

Hi Shelly,How sweet are these three? Love them and how well coordinated it all is.Fab clouring too.
Love Louby x

Catherine said...

Hello dear Shelly ! What an exquisite card ! I adore it ! The colours, the image, everything is purrrfect !!! Hugs and smile from Catherine

Catherine said...

Hello Sweetie, it's me again ! Please do visit my blog, I have got an award for you ! Hugs and smile from Catherine

SCRAP DIDI said...

Beautiful card !!
I love colors and images .
hugs didi

strawberry fields said...

Gorgeous card. Love the decoupage!
So pretty. Great inspiration from you both
Hugs
Fiona xx

My Paper World said...

So pretty Shelly! The 3d effects are just stunning! Debby makes great cards I can see why see inspires you!
Did you make the cards or watch The hairy Bikers? LOL!
I think that they are great!
Hugs
Nicola

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh my goodness Shelly, I adore you card so much! Love your colouring and the added dimension. Thanks for commenting on today's post. We do have a blog hop sweetie for each new release every 6 weeks, Hugs, Nikki x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous, wonderful work with the images and what fab colours.
thank you for saying such lovely things about me.
luv
debby

Lacey Stephens said...

Wow! You are right, the 3-D effect really makes the image pop!! You did an awesome job with the challenge!!
Thank you so much for playing along with the Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge last week! We have another fun one this week...a color challenge (blue, white and brown)...one of my favorite color combos! I hope you can play along again!
~Lacey
Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps

Babykathiana said...

Coucou
Cette carte est très jolie!!! J'aime beaucoup quand il a du relief! J'ai vu que ton animal de compagnie est une chat, le mien c'est un lapin qui s'apelle Panpan comme dans le dessin animé "Bamby" de Wald Disney! Il est trop cute même s'il fait plein de bêtise!!! Sur mon blog il y a quelques photos de ma canaille! Bisous et bonne continuation