Monday 6 September 2010

Cupcake Craft Challenge 107 Books & Stories

Good morning all! Well there's the weekend gone again, so it's Cupcake Craft Challenge time! This week our challenge theme has been chosen by la gentille Catherine, and linking in with the return to school Catherine would like to see creations with a connection to Books & Stories! This is a great theme Catherine which took me back a few years! My card was inspired by books I used to read as a girl... horsey books... by the Pullein-Thompson sisters. The three sisters used to write fab fictional stories about girls and ponies which were just up my street! I spent many a late night hiding under my duvet with a torch reading my book!

I've used this lovely stamp from Lili of the Valley called 'Me & My Pony', coloured with Promarkers. The papers are from My Minds Eye 'Bloom & Grow' pack. The little sentiment is from Papermania. I'm entering my card into the challenge at Stamp Something which is to stamp 'Something Cute'.

Well, as there are some scrummy prizes up for grabs, from Simon Says Stamp & Little Claire, then pop over to the Cupcake blog for some inspiration from the other girls, and then get creating! Hope you can join in this week!

On a personal note I just want to apologise for not getting round your blogs much lately, things are a bit full on here at the minute and I have a few worries which are keeping me away from crafting and blogging. So I just want to say thank you for all the lovely comments... I really appreciate them, they lift my day!

12 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Shelly. Such a beautiful card. Love that cute image and your design and the papers are fabulous. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Catherine said...

Your card is so sweet and precious Shelly ! Love the paper, the little hearts are scrumptious and the image is delightful ! Thank you so much for sharing your memories... Hope everything will settle down for you soon... Lots of hugs and love from Catherine

Faye said...

Hello Minkie Minx. This is such a sweet little card. It has been lovely learning so much about you all this week. This LOTV image is now the mental picture I have of you. I hope things settle down for you soon. Sending you the biggest, squidgiest hug. xxx

Liza said...

A gorgeous card and image Shelly, I love the DPs too!

Liza x

Lindsey said...

Fab card, I love this image.
Ahhhh the Pony Club books...I used to love these too. Oh and the Jill books. Basically anything with horses in them!
Linds x

Vicky said...

Shelly your card is stunning hun!, great layout and fab papers. Hope things improve soon and I'm sending you a big (((HUG))) :o)
Take care Vicky xx

Donna said...

Gorgeously sweet card Shelly, love this image and your perfectly matched papers...the little heart embellies are the perfect finish...love your story behind this card :) Donna x

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I love this image. You colored it so sweetly. I loved horse books as a girl too and now my 8-yr old reads all she can get her hands on.

Tracey Feeger said...

Cute creation. Love the stamp. Wonderful job with the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
mwah
Trace

Tracy said...

Hi Shelly your card is so beautiful i love all the detail and the sweet image and papers, such a lovely story to go with it to! Hope things calm down for you soon, big hugs Tracy x

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Shelly and so beautifully coloured. The papers are a perfect match!
Clairexx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shelly, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and your colouring is awesome as always. I hope you have a great weekend. Hugs, Denise x