Monday 30 April 2012

Best Of British!

Good morning peeps! I'm feeling a slight improvement in my mojo, just as well as this week it's my turn to chose the challenge at Cupcake Craft Challenge... and as 2012 is a special year for us Brits then I thought I'd go with a little photo inspiration and the theme BEST OF BRITSH! Here is my card...
And the photo inspiration (just to give you a little help)...
Take inspiration from the photo... interpret it as you wish but your creation must be obviously linked in someway to good old Blighty! I've used the colours from the teapot picture and taken inspiration from the London landmarks. I used torn paper to create the Union Jack, stamped over with the fabulous Penny Black "London" stamp. I've kept it relatively CAS as I don't want to distract from the London scene, it really is a great stamp! Although I will add it took a while to calculate and tear all the bits of paper for the flag (me and my bright ideas). Here's a close up...
We have two super sponsors this week at Cupcake,  Crafty Emma's Store are offering a £10 Gift Voucher to one lucky winner... and there are some great buys to grab in the online store, and Cupcake Cards & Crafts are giving away a fab paper pack of the winners choice! Now, if you're still stuck for ideas, then pop over to the Cupcake blog, my DT buddies have come up trumps this week with some great creations! Hope you'll join in!

Shelly x

I'd like to enter my card for the challenge at:
Joanna Sheen - Flower Power
Card Makin' Mamas - Spring Photo Challenge
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

Card Details
Card blank - Craftwork Cards, Paper for flag - Pink Petticoat (free with magazine last year), Stamp - "London" Penny Black, Ink - Versafine Onyx Black

14 comments:

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card Shelly
luv
Debby

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Shelly. How brilliant is this. Very patriotic, and you are right, it is a wonderful year for us all this year.
Hope you are keeping well sweetie. Take care and look after yourself.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

Catherine said...

WOW ! Your card is fantastic Shelly ! I love the way you have built up the Union Jack ! And the stamped image is just perfect ! You rock Lady ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

pescbrico said...

What a clever and pretty card!!! I love the colors you've picked :)

Rachel said...

That is an awesome card, I love it! Wedgie xxx

Scrap Affair said...

Oh! I am so glad you got your mojo back!!! :)
And I LOVE the card! So "British")
I also have a life dream to visit England someday!

Sara said...

Gorgeous! I love the design, thanks for playing along with CMM!

Liz McGuire, said...

Great idea for the flag - cool card,

liz x

Laura Bradley said...

This is loverly! Love it! Laura x

Faye said...

Hey Minxie. Your challenge is a fab idea and your card is even fabererererer! I love the image in black and white, with the pretty papers in a Union Flag. Perfect. Mwah, mwah. xxx

Donna said...

Wow Shelly, ity must have taken ages to make the union jack with the torn pieces of paper...you totally rock and thank you for such a fab challenge to play with this week...your card is absolutely gorgeous! :) Donna ♥ x

Lau W said...

Oh lala Shelly !!! J'adore cette carte, tu es créative ! Vraiment magnifique, je t'assure que je reste sans voix là ! Bravo mon amie !
Bisous

having a {me} day said...

Ohhhhh, I love how you have used this stamp (fast becoming my favourite) and made a Union Jack background. So awesomely clever! keeleyxx

Delphine said...

Your card is fabulous, Shelly! I love how you made the Union Jack and this stamp is fantastic! Thanks for a great theme! Have a nice weekend! Hugs Delphine xx