Thursday 12 July 2012

Picnic in the Rain

Right, what the heck is going on with this weather? Usually in July it's about 30°c and I'm wilting fast! Oh but not this year, no chance! With rain and a HIGH (urm yeah that's what the weather forecast calls it) of 15°c today, I almost thought I'd fallen asleep and woken up in October!

With no chance of doing anything outside, I felt inspired to make a card to reflect the summer we're having! So out came one of my beloved Penny Black stamps (break for cake), a very summery scene, which I teamed up with an evil looking sky... thundery and promising rain! 

I bought some new Daler Rowney watercolour paper last week, so I thought I'd dust off the Distress Inks and have a little watercolouring session... it's been a while!

Saturday 14th July is Bastille Day in France and tomorrow night there's a firework display in my town... but rain may spoil things once again...

Shelly x

I'd like to enter my card into the challenges at:
Penny Black & More @ Allsorts - Summer Blooms
Papertake Weekly - Strawberries & Cream

17 comments:

Scrap Affair said...

Yeah, weather is strange.... but, it has been WAY TOO HOT here for the past few days-TOO HOT!!! And high humidity( I don't like THAT at all-I'd rather take YOUR October any day over that!
I LOVE this card Shelly!!! I really do mean that I am in LOVE with your coloring!!! I don't know HOW do you do it?... oh well, I am good at sponging ;)
Nice to talk to you!
Have a better whaether soon!
Hugs,
Nadia

Louise said...

Wow Shelly this is fabulous you colouring is brilliant
Hugs louise xx

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous cute card Shelly, amazing colouring.
luv
Debby

Catherine said...

Oh Shelly this is gorgeous ! I love the image - so adorable - and your watercolouring is fantastic ! The weather is the same here... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Mervi said...

Well the rain got here, hope there's some sunshine!
Gorgeus colouring and fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black and More Challenge, good luck;-))m

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous card Shelly. Love the colouring and the papers. Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly Challenge. GDT
Love Sharon. x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous colouring Shelly, love the image and the clouds. Lets hope for some warmth, all my flowers are just awful after the heavy rains.

Have a great crafty weekend!

Maarit

Faye said...

Picnic in the rain, ain't that the truth! :( I love your clouds! This is a fantastic card and you've doen an amazing job with the colouring. xx

Kath Stewart said...

your card is adorable shelly...and yes rain rain and more rain here too...thank you for joining in the July Challenge over at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Anne said...

Cute as a button Shelly, a great card
Thanks for playing along with Papertake Weekly and good luck
Anne x

Jacqueline Muller said...

Ahw...this is so cute! I love that image and how you coloured it. And that paper is adorable. It suits well for the Strawberrie & Cream Challenge. Good luck! xxx, Jacqueline (GDT - Papertake Weekly)

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is just brilliant, your colouring is awesome!
Helen x

Delphine said...

Fantastic colouring, Shelly, your image is gorgeous! Hugs Delphine xx

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card, love the PB stamp and the floralpapers are perfect. Hope the weather has improved since you posted. Thank you for joining the Summer Blooms challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Helen said...

Wow - I love your card - fantastic colouring!
Thanks for joining in the blog hop fun over at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Tracy said...

Love your colouring. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Pauline C said...

brilliant card Shelley - fabulous colouring and sooo perfect for the weather we've been having - certainly here in the UK! Thanks for joining in this month's Penny Black Saturday Challenge and good luck!
Pauline x